Friday, January 4, 2013

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation





Have you ever tried a foundation that you just absolutely love? Me neither, until I found this one! I had never read or seen any reviews of this foundation but when I was living in Galway I spotted this in Boots. I was mostly excited when I discovered it came in a super pale shade, which you may or may not know I am super fair. Snow White has nothing on me. I was interested to see would it match my skin tone so I purchased it. It retails for around €9.95 in boots, which I think is actually quite reasonably. A little goes a long way with this foundation.

So after I had purchased this foundation (it cost me nothing, thank you boots advantage card!)I immediately went home to try it out. I purchased it in the shade Light Porcelain. At the time I was using the MAC Matchmaster foundation in number one I believe, and I thought that it matched me pretty well, until this. I am much paler than an nc15 from MAC so I found it hard to get any foundations from them that matched well. MAC make very yellow foundations and should consider making them in paler shades as I love their formulas.

I was pleasantly surprised when this actually matched me amazingly. I tested it using a mirror in front of a window and you literally could not see it on my skin. Brilliant! Its a very light foundation as you might be able to tell from the swatch (I pumped out a little too much..) but you can build it up. I don't find this foundation to be heavy at all. I have combination skin and this does work well on me although I would not recommend this for people with oily skin as it is very dewy. I am usually not a fan of dewy skin and much prefer a matte finish but lately I feel dewy skin makes me look less dead. Always a good thing!

So, if like me you are super pale or even if you aren't, I highly suggest you hot foot it to Boots and try this out! You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment