Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Two Faced Matte Eye Palette





DAY: L-R Tufted Suede, Chinchilla, Coffee Bean


CLASSIC: L-R Velveteen Bunny, Pebbles, London Fog


FASHION : L-R Fresh Linen, Vintage Violet, Midnight

First and foremost, please excuse the swatches. I have only just noticed the leftover swatch from the shadow insurance on my hand. All of these shadows are completely matte.

Now lets begin by talking about my need for matte eye-shadows. I adore them. I have hooded eyes so anything shimmery tends to accentuate that a little too much for me, so I tend to steer more towards matte shadows. Don't get me wrong, my favorite eye-shadow from MAC is Satin Taupe which is a shimmery delight, but for everyday I prefer matte. That is where this palette shines. I purchased this palette from ASOS as mentioned in my previous post and so far I am delighted with it. All of these shades are neutral colours and so wearable that its hard not to love it.

The palette comes with nine matte eye-shadows, separated into three looks. Day, Classic, and Fashion. Each look also has a corresponding card which shows you where to apply each shadow to create the look. I think this is a great idea because if you are ever in a rush or stuck for ideas for an eye look, you already have three ready to go right in your hand. Handy, no?

All of these shadows are pretty good pigmentation wise, tufted suede and chinchilla are a little on the sheer side. It also describes midnight as a black but it comes across as more of a grey shade when swatched. I personally found the lighter shades, velveteen bunny and fresh linen to be the most pigmented of them all. My go to look is a contoured eyelid and winged eyeliner, so these paler shades suit me perfectly for making my lid lighter and then deepening the crease up with something like coffee bean. Perfect. Again, I believe this palette retails for around €36 euro which is pretty expensive, but considering the quality of the shadows I think its worth it, for me anyways.

I am not really sure what else to say about this palette other than I love it. I use it pretty much every day and even on nights out. So if you have a little extra cash and are looking for a few matte shadows, I would recommend this palette. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment