Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Haul of 2013: Fitness Items




Speedo swimming cap:€3, Goggles:€7
Adidas Swimsuit:€33, Towel:Penneys/Primark
Sports Bra:€19.50 from H and M, Joggers:€29.95 from H and M
2 pack of tshirts:€12.95 H and M, Navy and green sports tank: from Penneys €3
White socks/Navy Tank: from Penneys both €3
Asics Runners: Elvery's for €130



So as you may know from my New Years Resolutions post, I have decided to join the gym. What a great excuse to do a little shopping eh? I was in dire need of workout gear as quite frankly I have never owned any before. (I am so unfit). After a quick swim yesterday morning I decided to pop into town and see what I could find. I had already picked myself up some swimming gear from Elvery's Sports. They were having a sale on at the time so I picked my self up a swimming hat, goggles and of course a one piece. I find one pieces way more comfortable for swimming, but I love bikinis for lazing around by the beach. (Not that I am ever at the beach..)

I popped into H and M as I was having a mooch in there on my break one day and noticed they had a few pieces for the gym. I picked up a blue sports bra which I adore. It is so comfortable and keeps everything in place *winks. I then found a pair of what I call joggers (type of lycra legging things..) I tried these on and they are so comfortable as well. Way to go H and M. :) I also wanted something to wear over the sports bra so I picked up a twin pack of t shirts, just plain white and then a gorgeous black and maroon one.

Next stop was Penney's/Primark. The first thing I picked up were plain white ankle socks. I then found a plain navy tank top and a lycra tank top which was reduced to €3. Penney's also had new water bottles out so I picked up a cute mint blue one which will come in so handy for the gym. It has measures on the side so you can keep track of how much water you are drinking. (Something I really need to do haha)

Next stop was Elvery's again. I needed new runners as I don't own any and you cant wear converse to the gym! Or can you...? I was interested in getting a pair of Asics ones as I had heard they were the best for your feet. In Elvery's they have this system where they can check your feet and help you pick the best shoes suitable for you. I decided to get this done and found out I was in desperate need of insoles. (Wonky feet)These should help improve my walking and make everything much more comfortable for me.

Chuffed with my purchases I headed home to try everything on together and I loved them all. The runners are my favorite purchase and I didn't even need to break them in. They feel like your walking on cushions. I will be going to the gym every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and swimming on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. I am so excited to get started at the gym as I have currently just been swimming everyday. I desperately need to get in shape as I am so unfit it hurts (literally). I will keep you up to date if that's something you all would be interested in, I know its something I thoroughly enjoy reading about.

Thanks for reading guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment