Friday, January 11, 2013

Another mini haul...


I was recently shopping again, (I have a problem) and I decided to pick up a few bits from Boots.. (They seriously need me as a representative or something at this stage!) and also from Penneys/Primark.

Real Techniques Core Collection: I have been wanting to pick this product up for an absolute age! I already own the Real Techniques stippling brush and I love it. It applies my foundation perfectly and its just amazing overall. After watching Pixiwoos videos (for about two or three years now) I was delighted when Samantha launched her own brush range. I just knew they had to be good. Watching Sam and Nic's tutorials made me crave the buffing brush. Whenever they would use this brush to apply their foundation they would look flawless. I needed this in my life. I had spotted the core collection (a collection of base brushes) months ago but I could not justify the €28.99 price tag. In the end though I decided to bite the bullet and just go for it. I am so glad I did. I have only tried the buffing brush and the contour brush that comes with the kit and I adore both of them.(It also comes with a detailer brush for concealer or lipstick and a flat foundation brush) The contour brush is perfect for getting really sculpted cheeks, something I love doing. The buffing brush also lives up to my expectations of being perfect. I can honestly say that I would highly recommend this kit especially to anyone who is starting out in makeup as there is also an eye kit you can pick up for around the same price.


Rimmel Wake me up Foundation: I was on the hunt for a darker foundation as I have been wanting to start tanning like a mad yoke! As I am so fair my regular foundation just would not do. I have heard great reviews about this foundation from people such as Zoe (Zoella) and Tanya (Pixi2woo). They both love this foundation and claim it makes their skin look amazing (which it does) so I decided it would be a great one to try out. It cost around €9.95 I believe in my Boots and the only downside would be the colour range. There was literally four shades for me to choose from. In the end though I picked the shade "True Ivory" which looks as though it will match me once I am tanned. One other thing I am slightly worried about is I detect it has some light shimmer in it, which would be the reason it makes you all glowy and nice, but as I have combination skin I am worried it might make me look oily.. Never a great look. Once I have started using it more I will have a better, more in depth review for you all.


Essence Waterproof Liquid Liner/Catrice Waterproof Liquid Liner: OMG. Amazing. I think both of these cost me around €1.49 in Penneys and my god they are fab! Such amazing quality for so little cash! Both liners are black, waterproof liquid liners. Liquid liner is my favourite to use as I have oily eyelids and it does not smudge or move on me unlike gel liners. These liners are super waterproof and I still have a small amount left on my hand three days after swatching them! (Yes I wash.)They are just that good. Up until I had discovered these liners, the L'Oreal Linear Intense liner was my all-time fave. That retails for about €9, and the nib is also quite flimsy compared to these two. I usually end up messing my liner because I find the nib too long on the L'Oreal one but the Catrice and essence ones have shorter, stiffer tips which are perfect for creating that cat eye effect. Amazing!



Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencils: I have an addiction to anything turquoise or blue. I love it. When I spotted these two Essence Pencil liners I just had to have them. I swatched them in the store and I thought that they were really pigmented for again, around €1.49. The two shades I picked up were 17 Tu Tu Turquoise and 09 Cool Down. I have not tried them on my eyes yet but I will add in a picture of the swatches down below.


No comments:

Post a Comment