Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sleek and Chic!


When these three products came through my letter box I did a little jump for joy! For months I had been wanting to pick up some new Sleek products as they are one of my all time favourite brands. I purchased these directly from the Sleek website and they arrived about three days later! Amazing! It didn't take me too long to pick out what I wanted as I had already decided months ago.

First up is the Blush by Three,  Limited Edition Candy Collection. When this product launched along with a pout paint and an eyeshadow palette I was already drooling. I knew I had to have something. Although I immediately wanted the eyeshadow palette, I knew it was just a tad unwearable, for me anyways. So instead, I opted for the blush palette. Wow. First of all the packaging. I am in love with the cupcake design. Super cute! Although it is not on the actual palette I still love it.




As you can see from the picture above, this is a bright palette. Do not be put off though, these colors can easily be toned down with a light hand and a lot of blending. My personal favourite is Dolly Mix. It is a blue toned pink, almost lilac looking and I adore it. I think it would look great on most skintones. Cupcake is the only cream blusher in the palette and it is a gorgeous bright pink, this again can be toned down. Candy Floss is described as a shimmery blush but I personally think it is more of a satin blush with a slight sheen. It is definitely not glittery in anyway. Its again, a bright pink but with more of a coral undertone to it. I cant stop looking at this palette! Such Eye Candy!



Next up is a product, that is talked about constantly. If you follow any other beauty blog then I am sure you have heard of this product. It is the Sleek Face Contour kit. DUH! I am constantly hearing good things about this product and I really have no idea why I didn't pick it up sooner?




I bought this is the light shade as I am super fair and it is the perfect color for me. Its not too orange, its not too dark but it still contours my face beautifully and I can actually use it to slightly bronze my face, and get a little color back into it. All I do to contour is take an angled brush, lightly tap it in the powder, suck in my cheeks and apply it directly to the hollow, the I blend like a mad woman! The highlighter shade in this is gorgeous. I am not a huge fan of super shimmery, make-your-face-look-like-a-disco-ball kind of highlighters and thankfully this is not one of those. It leaves a gorgeous, subtle highlight on top of your cheekbones, brow bone and your cupids bow. Love it!

Last but not least is an eyeshadow palette. I have already tried Sleeks Au Naturel Palette so I had a fair idea of the quality of their shadows, and I must say this one does not disappoint. I decided to pick up the Showstoppers Palette. Of course there are a few dud shades that are not as highly pigmented as the others such as Paraguaya and Oh So Special, but over all I think it is a great palette and wearable too.




L-R: Top Row - Paraguaya, Sunset, Me myself and eye, Bad Girl, Noir, Ultramattes V2
        Bottom Row - Oh So Special, Bohemian, Storm, Sparkle, Au Natural, Graphite.

This palette contains matte shades, shimmery shades and glitter shades. The overall tone of the palette is pretty neutral with a few purple, navy and corals thrown into the mix. My favorite shade from the palette is Sparkle. Its such a gorgeous shimmery peachy shade that looks amazing all over the lid or just in the inner corner. And is it just me, or are these shadows named after other palettes? Hmm.. interesting.

 L-R: Paraguaya, Sunset, Oh So Special, Bohemian
L-R: Me Myself and eye, Badgirl, Storm, Sparkle
L-R: Noir, Ultramattes V2, Au Natural, Graphite

Both the Blush by 3 Candy Collection and the Showstoppers I-divine palettes are Limited Edition so get your hands on them fast before they are gone!

Have you tried any Sleek products before? What are your thoughts on the brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment