Monday, August 12, 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint



 Now painting my nails is sometimes an ordeal and not one I really enjoy. But lately I have been getting more and more into my nails and taking better care of them. I now use a nail strengthener, and a cuticle oil both from OPI. I can now see a huge difference in my nails after using both these products. If you would like to see a review of these leave a comment down below. Now onto the actual polishes. I had heard about these polishes a couple months ago on Zoe or Zoella's YouTube channel, and as I was in Australia I could not get them. Now that I am back home in Ireland I managed to get my hands on them. Of course, me being me, I picked up the mint/blue one.. Typical. I have been trying my best to move away from blue but I could not help myself when I spotted these two colors on the shelf. The minty blue one is called Greenberry and the more turquoise/blue one is called Guava. 

They have a great range of colors from pastel pinks to lime green and pretty much everything in between. Although the colour selection is great its the formula that really makes these polishes so amazing. They are marketed as a Gel finish nail polish and they most definitely live up to the name. The polish is thick enough that one coat on the nails give complete opacity and leaves them super glossy.Though it doesn't leave them super thick like some polishes. I like to do two coats just in case and then finish with a coat of my OPI nail strengthener. One of the main reasons I hate painting my nails is they will, no joke, chip two minutes later. You can imagine the look of disgust on my face after taking the time to paint them all lovely and for them to only go and chip on me. That is why these polishes are a godsend for me. I can paint my nails and exactly 7 days later they will only start to chip on me. Its amazing! I will most definitely recommend these polishes to anyone who has the same problem with chipping as I do. They really will stay on for ever. You can pick these polishes up from any Boots or major pharmacies. They retail for around €5.99.

Have you tried these polishes? What are your thoughts? Have you ever had an actual gel manicure?

No comments:

Post a Comment