Tuesday, February 12, 2013

L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Hair Mask



I love hair masks. Well, to be fair, I love anything that can get my hair super shiny, super soft and super swishy (you know what I mean). Having quite long hair means I have to try much harder to keep it in tip top condition. I have tried hair oils, serums, masks, treatments you name it, I've tried it, just to get my hair looking great. I picked up this L'Oreal one in Dunnes a few weeks back as it was on offer and I felt my hair needed a boost. It cost around €3 for a big tub of it. It says to use this on wet hair but I prefer using masks on dry hair as I personally feel that they penetrate the hair better leaving it much softer. So off I went and applied it to the lengths and ends of my hair and left it for around an hour maybe? I then washed and blow dried my hair. To be perfectly honest I was not blown away. My hair did not feel amazingly soft and shiny. Gutted. I did not want to give up though and when I tried it again I used it on wet hair, again nothing. It really did not do much for my hair at all, at least nothing I could see or feel. I then started to just use it as a regular conditioner in the shower. Its quite a thin mask and washes out easy enough. I don't particularly find it weighs my hair down either, but I have noticed my hair getting drier? Could this be from the mask?

It says it contains a reinforcing serum, arginine and protein. Now after reading blogs and watching YouTube videos for many years, I know that using too much protein in your hair can actually have a reverse effect on it causing it to dry out. Perhaps this is causing my hair to become drier? I may have to stop using this mask every time I wash my hair and switch it out with a regular conditioner to keep it from breaking.

Have any of you tried this mask? What were your thoughts? And have you any recommendations for getting shiny hair?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment