Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Pamper Evening Essentials | Sunday Blues



Who doesn't love a good pamper session? Especially after a long day at work on your feet, running around doing this, that and the other. A pamper session is just the remedy for this. I have been feeling a little run down lately and stressed so I decided that I was going to treat myself and have a girly night in with myself. I have not had one in a very long time and this was definitely needed. This is where the pampering begins. I begin by taking some Pure Coconut Oil and warming it in the microwave, I then apply it to just the ends of my hair for a deep conditioning treatment. I leave that on for about 30 minutes. I have recently started dry brushing before every shower which if you are not familiar with dry brushing is when you take a body brush and you run it over your body in long strokes towards the heart. This helps to get rid of dry skin, cellulite, boosts circulation and lymphatic drainage (ew) which ultimately rids the body of toxins! A winner in my book! You can and should be doing this twice a day, before you hop in the shower.


Next up is the actual shower itself. Now I am pretty sure I don't have to tell you how to shower.. :) Although in the shower I love to exfoliate. The body brushing does exfoliate the skin but I love to redo areas such as my knees and elbows. I use The Body Shops Peach Body Scrub and I LOVE it. It smells amazing, is amazing at leaving your skin super soft and is just an all round great product. I use this just before I turn on the water as its better to use this on dry skin as its more effective I think. Then I rinse it off and use my favourite shower gel which is either the Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shower gel (which is great for the morning time, super refreshing) or the Soap and Glory Foam Call (which no joke, lasted me a year). Then I move onto shaving. I personally love Gillette and think they are the best razors so I always use them. Now on pamper evenings I like to make sure I am squeaky clean, so I use a clarifying shampoo on my hair. My favourite one, and probably the best one I have ever tried is the Toni and Guy Cleanse Shampoo. I have reviewed this before so I will link it here if you want to read up on that. I then apply another conditioner (double conditioning ftw!) I use the Schwarzkopf Deep Nutrition Conditioner which is another never ending product! I apply this to the ends of my hair and then rinse.


Once out of the shower I towel dry my hair and apply a nice body moisturizer such as the Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Glow (review here) or my new Jergens Body Lotion which is brilliant stuff! Then pop on some fresh pajamas (and deodorant..) I like to let my hair air dry for a while so I reduce the amount of time spent blow-drying it. While its drying I begin on my nails. I file them into shape, apply my OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener then whatever colour I am loving which at the moment is BarryM's Matte Polish in Vanilla which is a gorgeous taupe colour. I then apply my Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Oil all over my nails and they are done. I will then light a candle, my fave this month being the Yankee Candle in Blissful Autumn soon to be the new Salted Caramel one, once I get my hands on it.. I then apply a face mask, I used the REN Glycolactic Face Mask all over my face and relax with my book (Melissa Hill: The Truth About You..if your interested.) or my favourite magazine Stellar! Rinse of the face mask, blow-dry the oul hair and et voila the pampering is complete! :)





I hope you enjoyed reading this mighty long post guys and that maybe you will treat yourself to a pamper evening as well. It really does work wonders and after a good nights sleep, you are sorted. :)

What is your favorite way to wind down after a long day?

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant blog chick can't beat a good pamper evening! I've been using new skin care products recently and love them formula 10.0.6 its a ozzy brand, face scrub (pore clearing) with zinc oat and pumice that draws out impurities controls oily areas and leaves skin shining, foaming cleanser to get rid of them impurities with passionfruit chamomile and greentea that relax and balances skin finish it off with their skin clarifying mud mask with strawberry, rosemary and yarrow. They all smell good enough to eat and leave my skin glowing if you can get you're hands on them they are def worth a try and are cheapish aswell :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww brilliant! Thanks a million chick! I will defo have to try them! :) they do sound yummy all right! Hopefully I can find them online or something :) xx

    ReplyDelete