Friday, August 29, 2014

Things that make me happy.



Yeah so its been one of those days today. You know the ones where you have a melt down and panic attacks at half eight in the morning? No? Just me so. Well today was one of those days, so work took a back seat and I spent the day trying to get my brain to relax. What better way to do that than write a post about a few of the things that make me happy. 

Lets start with a fellow blogger who's posts brighten up my day. Hannah Gale is one of those people who I wish I could just meet because I know we would be besties instantly. I love the way she writes and I love the things she posts. A recent favourite of mine, and a post that helped me greatly today was her post labelled "11 Things That Instantly Help Ease The Pain Of Depression In Your Twenties". My god this post was amazing. It made me feel like everything was going to be ok, and it will. Hannah I love you, lets be friends. (Too forward..?)

Next on the list is baths. I LOVE baths, its like having your own mini swimming pool! Nothing is more relaxing than running a hot bath with loads of bubbles, lighting a few candles and reading a good book. Ahh bliss. As its been a rough day today, a bath will most certainly be had. 

Another favourite, and one that can be read in said bath, is Stellar magazine. This is an Irish magazine and its the only magazine I have ever subscribed too. I am somewhat of a magazine addict and I will buy and read anything, but Stellar remains my absolute favourite. It has the usual makeup and fashion bits you would expect to find, but its also filled with great articles like the "Be Awesome Everyday" one in this months issue. Seriously, could you get anymore empowering? Thank you Stellar!

One name sums up my next favourite, Travis Fimmel. Seriously just google him. Let the endorphins flow. Who is he you ask? Well Google should have told you but if not, he is the main star of an amazing (and Irish) show called Vikings. If you haven' seen it yet then we can't be friends. I'm sorry. This show blows every other show out of the water. I can't even explain it you just need to watch it. 

Lastly is tea. I love tea. I am Irish. Tea has its own section on our food pyramid. Not really but it should. As much as I do love a steaming cup of Lyons gold blend (gold blend only) I have also fallen in love with herbal teas. My most recent favourite being Pomegranate and White Tea. So yummy! Nothing soothes the soul like a good cup of tea. 





No comments:

Post a Comment